Loki Scepter Version 2.0 – Complete!

After months of work re-tweaking, I’ve finished the new version of the scepter. I reworked many of the forms and lines and removed some elements that were there in error last time, re-did the assembly method for a better looking, more sturdy assembly with better access to the battery pack and changed the finish for something more durable long-term.
I’m also working very hard on improving my prop photography skills.

I will not be taking any commissions for these at the moment (all commission slots are closed). Once I finish what I currently have on order, I will open commissions again. I’ll make a post as soon as that happens.

LokiPreview

LokiNew-01LokiNew-03

LokiNew-02

LokiNew-04

Megaman Starforce Armor – Done!

And here’s the armor to go with the helmet I posted Here!

MegamanGeoLit-web

This set is created mostly in EVA foam covered in stretch vinyl using the technique I outlined Here. Additional details were added in resin, PVC and there’s a couple dozen LEDs providing some light to Omega-Xi/WarRock. Th armor is lightweight, flexible an all joints bend and shift to allow for walking and posing.

Megaman Starforce – Helmet

I am very pleased to get to show this bad boy off.

MMHelm-Turnaround

This was a fun piece to work on, and will be the only hard part of my client’s Megaman costume. The helmet started as a large acrylic light dome. This was cut into the bases for the helmet (a word to those cutting acrylic with a rotary tool, wear long sleeves!). The visor section got a few thin coats of transparent red, and the rest of the helm was masked off and was colored with model magic and testors colors. The “ears” are slush cast in urethane resin. The “Hair” is assembled in EVA foam, which gives a cool cartoony look to it and holds the spikes perfectly without having to deal with a heavy wig and a ton of styling products. The visor also flips up for when my client needs more visibility. The inside is finished off with a foam lining for comfort

Project Showcase – Loki’s Scepter from The Avengers

This has been a long time coming, but I am pleased to finally show the results of months of work.

LokiScepter-01

This piece measures 39 inches assembled. It disassembles into two pieces for ease of transport. The scepter is rotocast in urethane resin and weighs about 4 pounds.

LokiScepter-02

The gem is cast in clear resin with blue tint and micropearl inclusions. It contains an embedded LED. Battery access is located under the top plate of the head assembly.

LokiScepter-03

The silver toned pieces are created in cold cast aluminum resin. The gold tone is created using gold enamel. The piece was weathered using acrylic and enamel paints.

I’ll be posting part one of the step-by-step log of this piece’s creation, and will be completing the full length spear over the next few weeks.